Built in 1805 - remained in the Robinson family until 2003 when it was bequeathed to the St George Historical Society.
Run by a small and dedicated Committee of the St George Historical Society.
Although this view of lupine was destroyed by mowing several years ago, the committee is actively working to recreate this beautiful field of wild lupine.
Andrew Robinson Homestead can be seen on the top of the hill on the right.
Currently raising funds to replenish our reserves spent re-siding the south side of the ROBINSON HOMESTEAD BARN. With the help of many volunteers, Clapboards have been installed along with restored windows to match the front of the barn, preserving its history and integrity before the winter. Cost: $5,000.
SEA CAPTAIN HISTORY AT
THE ANDREW ROBINSON HOMESTEAD
Sunday, July 16th 10am – 2pm
The upcoming Open House at the historic Andrew Robinson Homestead at 945 River Road in St. George will highlight the seafaring lives of the three captains who resided at the Homestead.
Fred Gosbee and Julia Lane, of Castlebay, will be on site 11am to 1pm singing sea shanties while you learn about what life was like on the high seas in the 1800’s.
The Homestead and barn will be open for touring as well.
Entrance is free but donations are appreciated.
Captain Sylvanus Robinson, who went to sea at age 11, as a cook.
Three generations of Robinsons were sea captains.
Purposes (including, but not limited to)